GLAMOROUS Early 1940's Rose Pink Textured Silk Satin One Shoulder Evening Gown w Sequined Straps, Cropped Back Closure Bolero, Belt & Train
Pure "old Hollywood" glamour and decadence- this is a rare couture gem! It's a gorgeous and so glamorous, rich rose pink textured silk satin, early 1940's, custom made one shoulder design statuesque evening gown with attached slim belt and matching cropped and scalloped bolero that closes in the back! The heavy silk satin has the tiniest ribbed texture and is a true rich rose pink. The triple strap one shoulder design is trimmed in glimmering clear metallic antique gold sequins! So Old Hollywood glamour, this reminds me of an "Adrian" design that would have been worn in the film "The Women!"
This spectacular stunner features:
* Side metal zipper
* Darted bust and gathered pleating to the side of the bust, creating a lovely gather and pleating across the bust area to one side
* One shoulder strap design that's comprised of 3 satin straps that are trimmed in clear metallic antique gold sequins. These straps are expertly held together and into place in unison by small string that's not noticeable when on at all
* Nipped defined waist with an attached 1 inch belt that closes in the front with 2 hidden metal snaps
* Dramatic long flared late 30's /early 40's style skirt that has a 10 inch front slit and a glamorous back train that goes 7 inches longer that the front of the skirt. The front of the skirt hangs slim and straight like a column, while the sides flare out dramatically and the back train lays beautifully. So couture looking.
* The matching cropped bolero has a high neckline and shoulder padding. It has a darted bust. It scallops up into a point between the breasts in the front, and rounds around to the back, and then up in the middle of the back. The bolero closes in the back at the neck with 2 hidden metal hooks and eyes.
* Total flowing couture early 1940's feminine silhouette, very statuesque and hourglass
Extremely well made and beautifully tailored with great attention to detail. This was a custom made piece, no doubt, with intricate hand details throughout. The textured silk satin has a great weight to it and is a true rose pink and so rich, no fading. I just love the one shouldered design, so vintage Hollywood, and the cropped bolero that closes so uniquely in the back! A gorgeous early 1940's set that's perfect for the upcoming holidays and a glamorous evening soiree. Cheers, darling!
Size: Small to Medium
--- Gown ---
Bust: 33 inches to a small cup 34 inch bust (there's about 2 inches of extra fabric on either side of the inside seams to open up if needed)
Waist: 26 inches
Hips: Free inches
Total Length: 64.5 inches
--- Bolero ---
Bust: Open due to open back design
Length: 15 inches
* Thanks for looking! *