COUTURE Designer 1950's Vibrant Magenta Pure Silk Extreme Hourglass Evening Gown w/ 3D Rosettes & Back Train by HELENA BARBIERI Original - M
I am so proud to present to you one of the finest pieces of true mid-century designer couture that I have ever seen! It's an absolutely stunning and so statuesque 1950's rich magenta pure silk extreme hourglass structured evening gown with gorgeous detailed origami pleated 3D rosettes and beautifully draped back train by the highly sought-after mid-century designer, "Helena Barbieri Original!"
This spectacular stunner of an evening gown features:
* Back metal zipper with hook and eye closure
* Fully lined in magenta silk organza and white cotton voile in the inner bodice
* Thin spaghetti straps
* Built-in structural boning in the bodice, 6 bones total
* Built-in inner white satin waist cinching belt that hooks in the back with a hook and eye
* 3D shelf bust design with gorgeous origami pleated 3D rosette and bow design in the middle of the lower bust
* Bust darts that radiate from the middle of the lower bust (from the rosette design)
* Nipped defined waist that dips into a v shape in the back above the rear
* 6 tiny and intricate inverted pleats that radiate from the rosette design of the shelf bust onto the middle / lower front of the dress
* Double darts on the rear
* Slim long pencil skirt that curves outwards towards the bottom hem, in a subdued trumpet / mermaid hem silhouette
* Front center cut bottom hem detail in a triangle shape
* Gorgeous back 3D origami pleated rosette and bow to match the one on the bust, just above the back knees. From the bow/rosette detail opens up a huge inverted pleat, creating the dramatic back train. So gorgeous and couture!
* The bottom of the dress has a whopping 26 inches of extra fabric in the hem! This is perfect for making the gown as long and dramatic as you wish! Or you can leave it as it is at this length! So couture.
* Total statuesque hourglass silhouette, very mid-century couture
Extremely well made and beautifully tailored as only a true couture piece could be. The attention to detail and fit are amazing. The color is a true rich raspberry magenta, just lovely. A very rare piece that's absolutely timeless in silhouette and style. Perfect for a red carpet event. A must for the discerning vintage-loving woman who knows creme de la creme vintage pieces when she sees them!
Label: "Helena Barbieri Original"
Bust: 36 inches
Waist: 28 inches
Hips: Just under 40 inches
Total Length: 61.5 inches
* Thanks for looking! *