RARE Designer 1950's Metallic Gold Lurex Silk Brocade Extreme Hourglass Cocktail Dress w/ Matching Belt & Dress Coat by ESTEVEZ for GRENELLE
RARE RARE RARE!! Never have I seen an Estevez dress this sexy- let alone in a complete set!!
Let me give you a little history on the designer...
Grenelle Estevez was a couture fashion designer that designed under his own label "Grenelle Estevez" from 1955 to 1968. He was Eva Gabor's personal designer. This particular dress is from the beginning of his designing career, probably right around 1955. The Irene Sargent Boutique in Oakland had the reputation of being the finest couture clothing boutique in all of California's Bay Area. You can read more on Irene Sargent and the boutique here:
So now, onto the dress set! This designer couture set is part of the Butch Wax Vintage personal collection archives. I have hoarded it for years, and now I am offering it to you- simply because it NEEDS to be worn and admired for the stunning mid-century masterpiece that it is! It's a jaw-droppingly glamorous 3 piece 1950's designer couture metallic gold silk brocade cocktail ensemble by designer "Estevez for Grenelle!" Heart-racing extreme hourglass cocktail dress, matching waist-cinching belt, and matching dress coat! Wow wow... WOW.
This stunning set features:
ON THE DRESS ---
* Back metal zipper with hook and eye closure
* Fully lined in gold satin
* Thin spaghetti straps
* Plunging scooped front neckline and super low cut back-line
* 3D shelf bust design trimmed in gold silk brocade chord to match the spaghetti straps. Gathered in the middle of the bust and detailed with a small 3D bow
* Fully princess seamed bodice, front and back, and the front princess seams really accentuate the curve of the bust. Very "va va voom!"
* Nipped defined wasp waist with a matching waist-cinching belt that's gold silk brocade backed in nude leather. The back of the belt goes nearly 2 inches wide. On the inside of the belt is stamped "Grenelle 12." Closes with a wide thin buckle in the front
* Double front hip darts that radiate from the middle waist, double back rear darts as well
* Slim tapered pencil skirt with a back kick pleat
* Total extreme hourglass silhouette, very Jayne Mansfield!
ON THE COAT ---
* Fully lined in gold silk (3 extremely tiny pin-sized holes in the back of the lining)
* Fully princess seamed down the entire front
* Darted back shoulders
* Collar that can be worn up or down
* Slim long sleeves
* Chic cocktail semi-cocoon silhouette, very late 1950's
Extremely well made and beautifully tailored. So chic and sexy at the same time. The metallic gold silk brocade is so shiny- even more so than in the pictures. Seriously, this is such a glamorous late 1950's cocktail set by one of the best designers of that time period- it's a true collectors item. A must for the discerning vintage lover who knows and appreciates the best of the best.
Label: "Estevez for Grenelle" for the couture boutique "Irene Sargent Oakland"
Condition: Mint / Pristine
On the Dress ---
Bust - 36 / 37 inches
Waist - 27 inches without the belt (belt can fit 25 to 28.5 inches at the waist)
Hips - 39 inches
Total Length - 46 inches
On The Coat ---
Bust - Up to 44 inches closed
Total Length - 44 inches
* Thanks for looking! *