STUNNING Early 1940's Blush Cotton Liquid Sateen Hourglass Wedding Gown w Pointed Shawl Collar & Pointed 3D Peplum by Marshall Field Co. - M
Art deco bridal perfection dripping with Old Hollywood glamour! Guaranteed, your first glance at this dress will undoubtedly take your breath away. It's an impeccably gorgeous shimmering warm blush liquid cotton sateen early 1940's designer hourglass wedding gown by "Marshall Field & Company Brides Room." The details on this piece are so couture, channeling visions of Thierry Mugler designs!
This glamorous stunner features:
* Back metal zipper
* Wide plunging v neckline with huge fold-over shawl collar that splits in the front into large points
* Capped short sleeves
* Ruched and gathered center bust
* Fully princess seamed front and back bodice
* Nipped defined wasp waist
* Long glamorous skirt that's cut completely on the bias, so it tapers in at your knees following the curve of your silhouette, and then pools out at the hem
* 3D pointed peplum design that criss-crosses and overlaps in the front. This is such a gorgeous unique design because it's actually a fluid continuation of the long skirt, it just folds over that the top, creating the peplum on each side. There is so separate seam. The side points blend beautifully into the hips of the skirt
* Back draped glamorous train design that has 2 large triangles of fabric on each side of the middle back seam, to make the train jut out even more in a subtle way
* Total curvy flowing statuesque silhouette, very 40's silver screen siren
Extremely well made and impeccably tailored.
Label: "Marshall Field & Company Brides Room"
Condition: Excellent / Near Mint
Bust: 34 inches
Waist: 26 inches
Hips: Free but would fit up to 42 inches max to hang correctly
Total Length: 63 inches in the front / 65 inches in the back
* Thanks for looking! *