DESIGNER 1950s Inky Black Silk w/ Electric Purple & Blue Rose Motif Hourglass Draped Faux Sarong Cocktail Dress by Kay Selig New York - M
So undeniably gorgeous and draped/tailored to perfection, this designer 1950s pure inky black silk hourglass cocktail dress with striking electric purple, royal blue, and turquoise roses print by the highly collectable mid-century designer "Kay Selig New York!" The entire dress drapes and pleats from one side, so couture looking, so vintage bombshell a la Marilyn Monroe!
This curvaceous concoction features:
* Back metal zipper with hook and eye closure
* Fully lined in inky black cotton
* Scooped wide necklines
* Subtle cap sleeves
* Darted bust and darted midsection. Double princess seams on either side of the back bodice.
* 12 radiating pleats down the entire right side of the front of the dress, from the top of the bust to the lower hip area. Such a gorgeous effect, so high-end. Very Ceil Chapman in style.
* Nipped wasp waist
* Slim tapered pencil skirt that is draped in a faux sarong style. Back kick pleat.
* Total curvy hourglass silhouette, very flattering for the female form
Extremely well made and beautifully tailored. Fits like an absolute glove. Rich inky black luxurious silk with an eye-catching painted floral rose motif in electric shades of purple and blue with green accents for leaves. The tailoring and draping are impeccable, definite characteristics of a true designer piece. Hand details and stitching as well. Pair it with some classic sky-high stilettos for a perfectly polished look that can go from day to night in a wink. A stunner on every aspect, sure to capture every eye in the room!
Label: "Kay Selig New York"
Condition: Mint / Pristine
Bust: 38/39 inches
Waist: 28/29 inches
Hips: Up to 42 inches
Total Length: 44 inches
* Thanks for looking! *