EXOTIC 1950s New Look Hawaiian Cotton Halter Sun Dress w Elastic Ruching, 3D Winged Shelf Bust, Seashell Novelty Print by Desmond's - XS / S
Aloooha! What an enchanting oceanic beauty this is! It's a rich cotton 1950s New Look Hawaiian halter sundress with 3D winged shelf bust, elastic ruching, and full circle skirt by "Made in Honolulu for Desmond's of Southern California!" Fabulous exotic painted seashell and coral novelty print throughout!
This gorgeous Hawaiian piece features:
* Pull on design
* Fully lined front bodice in the same cotton that the dress is made out of
* Shelf bust design that ruches and gathers in the middle. The actual bust is boned and 2 layers. The top layer is a 3D "winged" style that you can wear sticking straight up or folded over.
* Tie halter straps that can be worn in the traditional halter style or reverse halter, as shown
* Darted bust and midsection
* Nipped defined waist
* Fully elastic ruched and gathered back bodice in PERFECT elastic condition. So sturdy and stretchy.
* Super full beyond circle skirt that has gorgeous inverted box pleats all around the entire top
* Total iconic early 1950's silhouette
Extremely well made and beautifully tailored. The color is so rich and unfaded- a gorgeous vibrant painted novelty print in chocolate brown, mocha, caramel, and white. The painted novelty print is of various sea coral and seashells. So unique, I have never seen this print before! A gorgeous and collectable Hawaiian piece that goes perfect with all of your Bakelite. A guaranteed crowd pleaser for your next tiki soiree!
Label: "Made in Honolulu for Desmond's of Southern California"
Condition: Mint / Pristine
Size: Extra Small to Small
Bust: 22 to 32 inches
Waist: 23 to 26 inches
Total Length: 40 inches from top of bust to hem, not including the straps
* Thanks for looking! *