1980s “Karen Alexander” Black & White Gingham Taffeta Dress w/ Tie Belt
This is a perfect example of why I am so absolutely obsessed with Karen Alexander designs! I have never seen this one before, which is a huge surprise, being that I have collected and sold a ton of them. Original 1980s black and white gingham light weight taffeta satin day to party dress by my favorite, “Karen Alexander!”
- Buttons up the entire bodice with black satin tiny round buttons
- Intricately accordion pleated collar and accordion pleated detailing that goes up from the bust, to the shoulders, and around to the back
- Pleated puffed 3-D sleeves with cuffs that have button detailing and accordion pleated detailing on the cuffs
- Signature Karen Alexander corset bodice
- Nipped defined Basque wasp waist with attached tie belt
- Extremely full beyond circle skirt that has accordion pleating on the hem, so much fabric in the skirt!
- Hidden hip pockets
- This piece is very versatile and could easily be worn for daytime or night, it’s extremely easy to wear and makes you look so feminine and beautiful in one second flat
Materials: Lightweight taffeta satin
Label: “Karen Alexander”
Size: Small to Medium. Accommodates up to a 34/36 inch bust, 28 inch waist (ties smaller too), free hips, and 48.5 inches total length.