Couture 1950s Raw Silk Party Dress (Label-less but extremely Dior in style)
Regular price $1,150.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Where do I even start with a piece like this? Purchased from a collection that had many designer label pieces from the 1950s, alas this custom beauty is label-less. Original 1950s glowing rich true pumpkin orange raw silk, hand made custom couture party dress!
- All of the seams are hand finished.
- The structured bodice closes up the front with fabric covered buttons and hidden hook and eye closures, all sewn and detailed by hand.
- The front 3D bow fastens over the hidden front golden metal zipper with hidden snaps.
- The zipper is completely hand stitched in.
- Tailored princess seamed bodice with double princess seams in the front.
- Gorgeous nipped waist with a rounded dropped waistline that dips down in the back.
- Radiating inverted pleats from the front center bow, opening up onto the skirt.
- The skirt is fully lined in the same silk, hand sewn to the outside layer all around the bottom hem.
- The 2 layers of the skirt encase a semi-stiff fabric that helps the skirt hold its shape perfectly.
- As you can see, the skirt goes into an a-line shape in the front but becomes extremely full in the back.
- Very elegant and couture in silhouette.
- The silk fabric is so rich and smoldering, it absolutely glows.
Material: raw silk
Condition: pristine / flawless
Size: medium, accommodating up to a 36 inch bust, 27 inch waist, free hips, and 45.5 inches total front length / 52.5 inches total back length.
I honestly cannot say enough about this piece, it’s just phenomenal.