Custom 1970s does 1950s Rare "Victor Costa" Sample Piece Taffeta Party Dress with Huge Cotton Pique Collar, Pockets, & Wide Patent Leather Belt
Where do I begin with a piece THIS fabulous? When I found it, I literally almost wept it's so gorgeous.
Original 1970s does 1950s new look couture inspired inky black matte taffeta party dress with white cotton pique collar and matching wide patent leather belt by "Victor Costa."
I've never seen this Costa label before- it features a style number, date, and operator name. It was a sample piece, made before the mass production of its style. Being that I’ve never seen a piece by him like this, I’m guessing this perhaps might be very limited.
- Fully lined in satin
- Back talon zipper with hook and eye closures up the back collar
- Pleated puffed long sleeves with soft backing in the shoulders so they hold their shape perfectly
- Impeccably tailored fitted bodice with huge winged double collar of white cotton pique with satin backing. You can mold the collar however you'd like due to moldable boning on the inside
- Nipped defined wasp waist with matching wide black patent buckle belt
- Huge pleated circle skirt with dramatic large square hip pockets- very vintage Dior in style
- Built-in double crinoline, bottom layer is soft black mesh, top layer is tiered ruffled black tulle
- Total iconic 1950s new look inspired silhouette
Label: "Victor Costa - Duplicate - Style: 7516, Date: 197-, Operator: Beryl"
Material: Matte satin taffeta, cotton pique
Size: Small to Medium - fitting up to a 36 inch bust, a 27 inch waist, belt fits 25-28 inches, free hips, and 50 inches total length.
If you have any questions before purchasing an item, please feel free to message us! Thank you!