Custom Made 1940s Rayon Crepe Gown w/ Huge Mesh Sleeves & Hand Sequined Details Throughout
Regular price $825.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
I would love to see the person who originally wore this! With a piece this unusual and eye-catching, are words really necessary? Original 1940s custom made by hand, beautifully draped deep orchid purple rayon crepe evening gown with huge puffed mesh sleeves, and hand sewn sequin work throughout! What a rare beauty… I’m envisioning her with a glamorous turban and some killer platforms…
- Back metal zipper with hook and eye closures
- hand stitching throughout
- huge sheer sturdy mesh pleated puffed sleeves with elastic lined cuffs, completely hand embellished in sparkling metallic sequins and sequined floral appliqués
- crisscross draped bodice
- nipped defined wasp waist
- full flowing floor length skirt cut on the bias
- draped 3D peplum on one side, hand embellished in sparkling metallic sequins and sequined floral appliqués and lined in satin
- long cascading strip down the front of the gown from the waist, lined in satin, and hand sequined
- the flowers have pearl centers
- very feminine silhouette, so flowing
Materials: Rayon crepe, sturdy mesh, satin, sequins
Size: Small to medium. Accommodates a 34/36 inch bust, a 27 inch waist, free hips, and 57.5 inches total length.