Custom Made 1940s Rayon Crepe Spiderweb Gown w/ Waterfall Peplum
I feel like with my business, I am known for my spiderweb pieces and spiderweb personal collection. I have to tell you, when I came across this piece, I literally could not believe my eyes! A true treasure in every sense of the word, this original 1940s custom made one-of-a-kind cream rayon crêpe sculpturally draped evening gown featuring hand printed spiderweb fabric with heart centers! How wickedly romantic, don’t you think? This would be a phenomenal bridal piece!
- Back metal zipper with hook and eye closures
- hand stitching throughout
- the spiderwebs are a deep teal with crimson red heart centers
- the entire peplum and cascading ruffle down the back are trimmed by hand in deep teal stitching to match the webs
- open back design that fastens at the top back neck with round fabric covered buttons
- long dramatic dolman sleeves with round fabric covered buttons at the wrists
- nipped defined wasp waist and seaming detail that dips into a v over the rear, so sexy
- double cascading ruffle down the entire back
- long column skirt
- statuesque hourglass silhouette, drapes beautifully
Materials: Rayon crepe
Condition: Near excellent / As-is. Some very light discoloration in spots, a small patch repair on the bust. In my opinion, does not detract from this piece and it’s beauty / rarity.
Size: Small, accommodating an open bust (a 32 to 38 inch fit ideally), a 26 inch waist, 38/39 inch hips, and 59.5 inches total length.