Designer 1950s “Howard Greer Beverly Hills” Strapless Silk Hourglass Cocktail Dress w/ Silk Chiffon Wings & Sequined Shelfbust
Howard Greer is a name synonymous with the height of 1950s glamour. He was a couturier for the Hollywood stars from the 1920s to the early 1960s, as well as a designer for Paramount studios. This piece is a perfect example of his work. Original 1950s strapless extreme hourglass cocktail dress in inky black silk with 3D sequined sweetheart shelf bust and perfectly draped sheer silk chiffon wings all around the upper bodice and back.
- Back metal zipper with hook and eye closure
- Fully lined in silk organza
- Built in satin structural corset with boning in the bodice
- Hand stitching and detailing throughout
- Tailored to fit like an absolute glove, completely hourglass
- Strapless 3-D sweetheart shelf bust that is completely sequined from metallic black to cobalt blue to silver to gold
- All of the silk chiffon draped wings and draping under the shelf bust are completely finished by hand on the edges
- An absolutely phenomenal piece of true designer 1950s cocktail-wear
Label: “Howard Greer Beverly Hills”
Materials: Silk, silk chiffon, sequins, satin
Size: Small. Accommodates a 34/36 inch bust, a 27 inch waist, 38 inch hips, and 45 inches total length.