Rare 1940s Aqua Rayon 3 Piece Cocktail Suit w/ Under the Sea Novelty Print
A must for the collector of unusual vintage fashion. This piece reminds me so much of Elsa Schiaparelli! Original early 1940s aqua rayon 3 piece cocktail suit in the most fabulous under the sea tropical fish print!
- Tailored suit jacket with pleated puffed shoulders, darted tailored bodice, nipped defined wasp waist, and flared peplum with inverted pleats all the way around
- Cuffs on the 3/4 length sleeves
- Matching belt with buckle
- High waisted skirt with a gored full flared silhouette
- The jacket buttons of the front with large round fabric covered buttons and hidden snaps. A hidden hook and eye at the waist
- Skirt has a side metal zipper with hook and eye closures
- Subtle satin shoulder pads
- This fabric is absolutely out of this world- it features an undersea novelty print of seaweed, jellyfish, coral, tropical fish, and even sharks! All done in shades of deep chartreuse green, cobalt blue, deep orchid purple, and golden yellow with white
- Beautifully tailored three-piece 1940 suit, perfect for the office or cocktails
Condition: Near excellent / as-is. Fading on one of the shoulders / top of the arms. Still very wearable and does not look bad at all.
Size: Medium. Accommodates a 34/36 inch bust, 28 inch waist (can be belted smaller too), free hips, skirt length is 31 inches with 7 inches of inseam.
Thank you for looking, please message us with any questions you have before purchasing.