Rare 1950s Handmade Ethnic New Look Hand Embroidered Sundress w/ Belt
Regular price $0.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This is such a stunning piece, the amount of work put into it is truly astonishing! Original 1950s inky black woven cotton day dress with matching tie belt. This is an ethnic piece, when I originally ssourced it I thought it was native American Seminole, but now I think it is from the Far East originally.
- Side metal zipper
- Mandarin collar neckline with traditional large frog closures going up the side bust/shoulder of the bodice
- Princess seamed fitted bodice with slimming dropped waist
- Extremely full tiered skirt, larger than a full circle
- The entire dress is hand embroidered in vibrant thread and detailed in ribbon and rickrack trim
- Matching hand embroidered wide tie belt
- Total quintessential 1950s silhouette, so unique with this unusual hand embroidery motif
- And especially stunning piece, guaranteed to receive loads of compliments, the colors are so rich and vibrant
Size: Medium to large, accommodating a 38 inch bust, a 32 inch waist, free hips, and 48 inches total length.