Museum Worthy 1950s "James GALANOS" Silk New Look Party Dress w/ Watercolor Blooming Night Garden Floral
Absolutely museum worthy, a rare piece of mid century designer fashion. Original 1950s raw silk “Galanos” party dress. This piece is very much in the new look style with its wide cut portrait neckline, nipped define wasp waist and impossibly huge tea length skirt.
- Fully lined in silk organza, hand stitching and detailing throughout
- Closes at the front with black large Lucite buttons and hook and eye closure at the waist. The skirt also has hidden snaps down the front where the skirt overlaps
- Short capped sleeves
- Wide cut portrait neckline
- Darted bust and fitted tailored bodice
- Nipped defined wasp waist that dips down in the front on one side in a very couture like detail, please see photos
- Intricately pleated extremely full beyond circle skirt, horse hair ribbon inside the hem to hold its shape perfectly
- The raw silk itself is inky black with the most gorgeous watercolor floral print of irises, daisies, daffodils, lily-of-the-valley, French tulips, and lilac
- I cannot say enough about this piece, it’s absolutely stunning in person, a true rarity
Label: "GALANOS" (James Galanos)
Materials: Silk, silk organza
Size: Small to medium. Accommodates a 34/36 inch bust, 26/27 inch waist, free hips, 46.5 inches total length.
Thank you for looking, please message us with any questions you have before purchasing.